New Mexico family seeks man missing in Presidio area
March 9th, 2017 under Top Stories
PRESIDIO — A New Mexico man last seen at the Presidio Port of Entry has been out of contact with his family for more than six months, and now his son is seeking local help finding him.
Ariel David De La O, who goes by “Rebbe,” left Las Cruces during the summer and his family has not heard from him since, according to Ricardo De La O, also of Las Cruces. Rebbe is a Vietnam War veteran and retiree who lives out of an RV. He usually spends his summers in Las Cruces and winters in Presidio County, according to his son.
The family filed a missing persons report in Las Cruces in January after they did not hear anything from Rebbe during the holidays. Monday was Ricardo’s birthday and still, he said, no word from his father.
“Usually he calls on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, yesterday was my birthday, and not a phone call, we haven’t heard anything from him,” Ricardo said.
The Las Cruces Police told the family De La O had been seen entering the United States through the Presidio Port of Entry, Ricardo said, who believes De La O has a doctor in Ojinaga.
The older De La O is a Jewish Rabbi who travels in a white Dodge truck with a white fifth-wheel trailer RV. De La O’s son did not have the license plate numbers for the vehicles but said both vehicles are recognizable by the large Stars of David on their sides.
De La O is talkative and memorable, his son said. “He doesn’t blend in. His favorite thing to do is have coffee and talk with you for hours.… He’s always been a free spirit. If anybody’s come across him, they’d remember him.”
Ricardo De La O is requesting anyone who has seen Rebbe Ariel David De La O recently contact him at (575) 386-2202 or Tizitlcoatl@gmail.com.
Story filed under: Top Stories