Presidio County Meeting agenda Tuesday, February 11 9am
February 10th, 2014 under Public Notices
PRESIDIO COUNTY COMMISSIONERS COURT REGULAR MEETING
To be held TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2014 9:00 A.M.
At the PRESIDIO COUNTY COURTHOUSE,
301 N. HIGHLAND AVE., MARFA, TEXAS
1. Establish a quorum.
3. Public hearing for citizen input regarding the application for designation of a Reinvestment Zone for the proposed location of the SunPower/Solar Star Texas, LLC power plant project, and the possible approval of a tax abatement agreement for the project
4. Acknowledge guests and receive public comments regarding items not on the agenda. (Public comments received at this time may not be discussed or acted on at this meeting. However, they may be referred for standard county policy or procedure, or scheduled for a future Commissioners Court agenda. Public comments regarding items that are on the agenda will be allowed for discussion when that agenda item is taken up by the court.)
5. Communications from Presidio County Judge and County Commissioners.
6. Adopt minutes of previous meetings.
7. Discussion with action as appropriate relating to a Reinvestment Zone for the proposed location of the SunPower/Solar Star Texas, LLC power plant project:
a. Discussion with action as appropriate regarding a resolution of findings of the economic development value of the proposed location and project.
b. Discussion with action as appropriate regarding an order designating a Reinvestment Zone for the proposed location and project
8. Administrative Session – (Dept.) Activity Reports:
a. County Extension Service.
b. Justice of the Peace, Precinct 1.
c. County-District Clerk.
d. Commissioners Court Auditor.
9. Executive Session:
a. Convene into executive session to discuss county employee issues. (Executive Session as provided by Texas Government Code 551.071 Private consultation with attorney, and 551.074 Personnel matters.)
b. Reconvene into open session.
10. Discussion with action as appropriate regarding the contract with Lannom & Roach,Certified Public Accountants, and possible expansion of accounting services to the county.
11. Presidio County Historical Commission:
a. Discussion only presentation of the Presidio County Historical Commission Annual Report.
b. Discussion with action as appropriate to approve Board Members for the Presidio County Historical Commission.
c. Discussion with action as appropriate to return Presidio County Historical Commission funds now in custody of the County.
12. Discussion with action as appropriate to approve yearly renewal juvenile detention contract with Val Verde and Tom Green County Detention facilities.
13. Discussion with action as appropriate regarding resolution authorizing amendment to contract between Presidio County and Frontera Administrative Services for Border Colonia Project.
14. Discussion with action as appropriate regarding a County Energy Reinvestment Zone:
a. Discussion and potential action regarding the creation of one or more County Energy Transportation Reinvestment Zone (CETRZ), as authorized by law, to promote one or more infrastructure projects to be located within the County to be funded by the CERTZ including the potential boundaries and requirements of a County Energy Transportation Reinvestment Zone (CETRZ), as authorized §222.1071 of the Texas Transportation Code.
b. Discussion and potential action regarding the SB 1747 Prioritized Project List for the County Transportation Infrastructure Fund Grant Program.
c. Discussion and potential action to approve county road report(s) for filing in the minutes of the Commissioners Court.
15. Discussion with action as appropriate regarding the contract with the City of Marfa for law enforcement services.
16. Discussion only presentation regarding update on the Port of Entry project.
17. Operation Oversight Committee Reports:
a. Report of the Courthouse Operation Oversight Committee (Commissioner Pct. 4 and County Judge.)
b. Report of the Facilities – Building Oversight Committee (Commissioners Pct. 1 and Pct. 4).
c. Report of the Facilities – Parks Oversight Committee (Commissioners Pct. 2 and Pct. 4).
d. Report of the Emergency Management Oversight Committee (Commissioner Pct. 1 and County Judge).
e. Report of Sheriff’s Office Oversight Committee (Commissioners Pct. 1 and Pct. 3).
18. Adopt Treasurer’s Report.
19. Approve budget amendments and line item transfers.
20. Approve payment of county bills and expenses.
Notice by: ____________________________________
Paul Hunt, Presidio County Judge
Story filed under: Public Notices